Prostate malignant growth is disease that happens in the prostate. Prostate is a walnut sized male organ lies below the urine bladder and it surrounded around urine passage. It creates the original liquid that supports and transports sperm to ejaculate through penis.
Prostate cancer generally happens in old age person and some time it remains undiagnosed for long time for 1 year to 10 years. After development of cancer cells inside the prostate organ it generally takes time to be detected.
- Difficulty in urination
- Burning sensation during urination
- Cancer tumor developed inside the prostate grows by time and starts to block the urine path partially and later fully.
- Tumor developed inside the prostate may or may not have cancer cells. Tumor with cancer cells is called maligned tumor and without cancer cells Benign tumor.
- After coming general symptoms like difficulty during urination, Doctor refers for sonography.
- After sonographic study , a blood test named PSA(Prostate Specific Antigen) advised for furhter confirmation if needed.
- PSA level tells about the type of cell growth if it is benign or maligned.
- If PSA levels comes more than 4 then PSAM PET scan is performed to confirm the Prostate Cancer.
- Biopsy of tissue taken from prostate may be performed to confirm the type of cancer cells.
- Generally Prostate cancer is treated by Radiation Therapy.
- Surgery may have to be performed to clear the blockage to make urine path functional and to stop the use of Cather.
- In some case Prostate needed to be taken out by Surgery to treat completely in one attempt and to avoid too many repeated cycles of radiation therapy.
Last updated on : 09 August 2022 Next update will come soon
Image credit: news-medical.net